BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

distraction test

a) Are you someone who normally listens to music while studying? Why or why not? I do listen to music while I'm studying so I won't hear the background.

b) How was your score on the quiz? Did the number surprise you? Why or why not? My score was pretty good...it said that certain music distracts me. The results did not surprise me because I normally listen to music and I can still do my work.

c) During the Techbrarian Distraction Test was there any type of music that distracted you more than others? If so, explain why. They all seemed the same to me.

d) How do you think you would have done on the test if there were math problems instead of a story? I would have scored the same. See, even if I'm listening to my favorite song, I can sing the words and read at the same time. No music distracts me no matter what I'm doing.

Explain at least three ways you could change the Techbrarian Distraction Test to make it more like real life. Describe how each change might effect the results. For example, what would have happened if I added an instant messaging window on the side of the test?

If you added instant messaging to the test it would definitely distract me and effect the results. You could have people walking in and out on the side of the street trying to talk to me.
it would also distract me if im studying and i have my friends call me and ask to go outside b|c i love to be out side that will distract me

0 comments: